Tuesday, July 22, 2014

What?! A Sampler?

A few weeks ago I decided I wanted to try paper piecing.  I don't remember why I decided that I wanted to try this, but now I can't stop.  I watched this video to learn how.  I really like that paper piecing can make really exact blocks.  I get irritated when my corners don't match up exactly. 

So I found a really awesome blog called Wombat Quilts.  She has a list of free paper piecing patterns.  I printed out a like million and decided I was going to make a sampler.  Btw, I didn't think I would ever make a sampler. I'm not sure why I haven't ever entertained the idea of a sampler, maybe because I don't see many that I like. Anyway, I'm really excited to start making a paper pieced star sampler.

This template is called Bowie and is by 627Handworks.  There is a whole list of templates named after rock and roll stars.  I'm working my way through the list.

1 comment: